Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dreams

I want to be a runner. It's a dream that I've had most of my life. When I was told to run in elementary and middle school I tried, then got cramps in my sides before I ran very far. In hindsight, it was probably asthma, but I didn't get diagnosed until 3 years ago. Since then, I've used it as an excuse for why I can't run. It's stupid, because I'm only hurting myself, I know.

I started the C25K with my cousin in September. We made it through the first week, then schedule conflicts came into play. Then my foot started hurting mysteriously. I still have no idea what happened with that.

The C25K is probably my best bet to get started running. I also need a venue. Guaranteed I will not be running when it is freezing cold outside. We tried the local Y and the limited schedules for things did not work for us.

If I had my way I would join a local private athletic club. The hours are better, the facilities are nicer. The is a lot for my family to do there.

I would like to run.

I would like to run a marathon.

I'm not sure how this will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment